Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Alejandra O'Leary - Nothing Out Loud

Michigan singer-songwriter Alejandra O'Leary recently finished her debut album, Nothing Out Loud, a straightforward collection of songs that feels especially comfortable with the return of the warmth of spring. While nowadays I tend to listen to music with more of an experimental tinge, I would be lying if I said that this music did not remind me of much of the music I listened to when I was growing up. One of the strongest elements of this album, other than the compelling songwriting, is the pleasant density of the instrumentation throughout.

Overall this record seems to stand apart from other recent pop projects in that Alejandra writes in a way that is satisfyingly diverse both lyrically and musically. A comfortable listen from start to finish, Nothing out Loud could easily find its way into many days to come this season.

8.7/10

http://www.myspace.com/alejandraoleary

No comments: